A note to our patients:
Thank you for entrusting Drs. Richy & Jimmy Miyasaka at Anne K. Matsushima, O.D., Inc. with your vision care needs. Due to the Coronavirus and the constantly changing concerns, we want to take this opportunity to make you are aware of the precautions our office is taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
To help protect our patients and staff against the spread of COVID-19, please review the following questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had a fever in the last three (3) days, respiratory symptoms (cough and shortness of breath), flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Other than healthcare professionals working in patient care, are you currently providing care for anyone how has been diagnosed with COVID-19, had a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or flu-like symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 2 weeks?
- Are you or anyone in your household under voluntary or involuntary quarantine in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled to an area with community spread of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
If you have answered “YES” to any of the following questions, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment by calling 808-734-8870 or emailing us at email@example.com.
We are following CDC guidelines for cleaning, including frequent staff training on these measures. This includes but is not limited to:
- Patients are being scheduled to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Patients are required to wear facemasks when entering the office.
- Patient companions should remain outside of the office and not accompany the patient into the facility unless they are a parent/guardian of the patient or if they are a true caregiver and need to assist the patient. Companions must also wear facemasks at all times while in the office.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival at our office. We will ask anyone with temperatures 100.4 F (38 C) or higher to reschedule their appointments.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Individual examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- Alcohol sanitizer is available throughout our office.
We are working diligently to evaluate and adjust our policies ensure you safety while at the same time, provide the necessary services to take care of your needs.
Richard “Richy” H. Miyasaka, O.D. & Staff